.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sambhar Mafia - Cooked To Kill!

Monday, April 11, 2005

The Earth Shook

Earthquake in Indonesia - Tremors Felt in Singapore
I was sitting on my bed and was bloghopping at 6.30 pm on Sunday evening. Suddenly I felt some tremors, which lasted for about 30 seconds. My apartment is located on the 15th floor. I turned on the TV (news channels) and radio…..but none of them were reporting anything about this. I wasn’t really sure whether what I just went through was an earthquake or some vague feeling in my mind. At 6.35pm, I went to Technorati and typed “Singapore earthquake” and got a result which said updated 3 minutes ago. When I clicked on the link, somebody else had also experienced the earthquake and put up a post at 6.32pm. I tried searching Google News but there was no hint about the earthquake. Bloggers are faster than Newswires and can pose a real threat to the News agencies in the near future. During the 7pm news Channel NewsAsia broke the news that tremors have been felt in some parts of Singapore, the epicentre of the quake is Indonesia and it measured 6.8 on the Richter Scale. I also visited the South East Asia Tsunami Help Blog at 6.45pm but they were not carrying anything about this. Luckily no casualty has been reported this time.

Sonu Nigam Concert
I had been to the Sonu Nigam concert on Saturday. Although I didn’t have big expectations, I came back thoroughly satisfied. Will write a detailed review sometime later. Lot of corporate honchos (including Ganesh Ayyar of HP) had come for the concert.

7 Comments:

  • Bloggers are fast !!

    By Blogger Me, at 3:48 AM  

  • BE SAFE ..!!

    By Blogger Adaengappa !!, at 8:48 AM  

  • hi kaps

    We also felt the same...At that time, we were in our friend's house ..nearly 20 people (incl. kids) were there at that time and everybody felt the same.. thought of immediately climbing down. But, we decided not to hurry...and came down slowly in the lift. we left their place soon after.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:18 AM  

  • It seems there was another quake @ 1:30 am this morning.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:27 AM  

  • hi kaps...first time here :) nice blog...

    looks like we are safe nowhere!! take care...

    By Blogger capriciously_me, at 11:52 AM  

  • This would be an opportune time to watch a special that just premiered on the Discovery Channel last night: Supervolcano. Excellent, eye-opening, etc.

    By Blogger OJ_Audet @ HotMail.com, at 7:36 PM  

  • This whole earthquake routine is getting scary. We might be traveling to that region on business soon, and that makes it scarier still.

    Stay safe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home