.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sambhar Mafia - Cooked To Kill!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

When Botany and Symphony Collide

After reading the Sunday newspaper, I came to know that the Singapore Symphony Orchestra would be performing at the Botanical Gardens (SBG) on Sunday evening (May 1st). Although I have stayed here for more than 2 years I never really felt like visiting the SBG. The only thing, which I have read is that flowers were named after Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan during their visits to S’pore.
S'pore Symphony Orchestra Live in Concert @ Botanical Gardens Posted by Hello



A new Stage had been constructed on the lake inside the Botanical Garden. This stage resembled a petal. This performance was to coincide with the inauguration of the new stage. It was a rainy Sunday afternoon and when I left my house I had an impression that it may not be crowded (as it was drizzling). To my surprise I found that the lawns were packed with family crowd. It was a carnival like atmosphere. Inspite of the rain, people used umbrellas to stay glued to the excellent music belted out by the Symphony Orchestra. Since they plan to have more of such concerts in the Open arena, I’m thinking of visiting the Botanical Garden more often.

4 Comments:

  • Thought, I'd see a picture of the garden...But instead you have a picture of the symphony.!!

    But the link to the garden is wonderful.

    By Blogger Narayanan Venkitu, at 12:55 PM  

  • hey kaps,

    The Singapore Botanical gardens is very unique...nowhere in the world would you find a patch of tranquility thrown in the midst of mayhem... I have been there quite a number of times and have always come out gratified....

    A nice place....

    By Blogger singman, at 8:58 AM  

  • Hello ...

    been in Singapore for quite some time now, but never been to the Botanical Gardens. Is it near Bukit Timah Nature Reserve? Is it the same?

    By Blogger GS, at 9:41 AM  

  • @Venkitu,

    I thought of taking snaps of the Botanical Garden, but there was too much crowd everywhere. There is always a next time.

    @Singman,
    Most of friends who hv been here for a long while hv not been to the Botanical Gardens. Glad to know that u hv visited the place earlier and could relate to some of the stuff I had mentioned.

    @Gayathri,
    Thanx 4 dropping by. Bukit Timah Nature Reserve and Botanical Gardens are different. You can enter the Botanical Gardens via Holland Road and Bukit Timah Rd. Their website has a nice piece on how to get there...might be helpful.

    By Blogger Kaps, at 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home