.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sambhar Mafia - Cooked To Kill!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Dharma & not Greg (please bear with my PJ’s)

One of my batchmate had come down from Mumbai and some of us decided to meet up with him on Saturday evening. We decided to go to a place called Dharma’s (Boat Quay) for dinner. I was going there for the first time and the place didn’t disappoint me. Although I was prepared for the worst, the veg options weren't all that bad.

I used this opportunity to promote my blog as well. Given that SambharMafia is a familiar name, they wouldn’t have had difficulty remembering my URL. Hope my desperate attempts to woo them to my blog didn’t sound as bad as the MLM pitches.

Some of the questions which came up:-

What is a Blog?

Which is the best Indian blog?

What is Wikipedia?

Soon the talk drifted to what other batchmates were upto. Some of my batchmates have shifted 3 / 4 jobs within 3 years. We also caught up on all the latest gossip about weddings, breakups etc.

Three of them who made it to the dinner on Saturday were part of the cast of the campus play Shabbo Ko Try Kiya Kya? (SKTKK). Shabbo as it is popularly called became a runaway success and it was re-enacted many times. It was actually a play staged in IIT Delhi and some of my batchmates, who happened to be from IITD decided to stage a similar play in IIMB as well. I came to know that the recent Hindi movie Kya Kool Hain Hum (yet another KKHH?) is somewhat on the lines of SKTKK. I need to see KKHH to find out the similarities.

The NDP preparations were in full swing on Saturday and I managed to catch a glimpse of it.

6 Comments:

  • er, kaps, why is sambharmafia a familiar name (blatant ignorance display here)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 AM  

  • Charu,

    Good that u raised it

    SambharMafia is the name of the South Indian cultural club in IIMB and I just lifted it from there. Hence anybody from IIMB knows about the activities of this club.

    It is famous for staging a cultural program (SambharMafia Nite) every year. This show has skits which have characters like Rajini and Veerappan. As a fitting finale to this SambharMafia Nite, a Superstar movie is screened in the evening.

    By Blogger Kaps, at 11:46 AM  

  • Olunga avangala saapda vudalannu sollunga..

    By Blogger ioiio, at 11:52 AM  

  • LOL @ ioiio's comment...
    nalla iruku peru..sambhar mafia...

    By Blogger monu, at 12:31 PM  

  • Let me save 3 hours of your precious time. Stay away from KKHH.......

    By Blogger Baejaar, at 12:05 AM  

  • Sambhar Mafia and its infamous shows at L Square...its been awhile...a very long while, I still remeber apte sitting down to to see SKTKK and gettingupwith a sheepish grin on his face.....

    Long live PGP 2001.....Swamyboo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home