.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sambhar Mafia - Cooked To Kill!

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Rediff article on Blogging

Rediff has an article on the basics of blogging. Most of the terms have been explained quite well. A friend of mine (a non-blogger) asked me about Blogrolls and I found it quite difficult to answer the same (my answer was something like this: “ When another blogger provides a link to your blog in his blog then it is called a Blogroll”). From now on I’ll forward such articles and ask them to read it from here.

Good part about the article is that they have written about other blogging tools (Blogger, Xanga and Live Journal) as well. Bad thing is that most of the blogs introduced are of bloggers who use Rediffblogs.

Popular S’pore blogger’s blog and mails hacked

Xiaxue, a popular Singapore blogger was in for a surprise when she opened her blog today. Somebody had hacked it and deleted all the contents. To her agony, she also found out that the same person had hacked into her Gmail account and deleted more than 3000 mails. She was so popular that some T-shirt brands used her as the brand ambassador. I have read somewhere that her blog gets 10,000 hits a day. Even though she is so popular, she is still using Blogspot.

13 Comments:

  • poor thing
    i checked out her blog..so sad .....
    :(

    cant beleive people would do such things....

    By Blogger monu, at 7:34 PM  

  • scary :(

    By Blogger Prabha, at 9:08 PM  

  • Hi kaps This is saba here. I came here through coffe maker's page. I hope you don’t mind me ‘spamming ‘your comment box!!! Here is a little piece of information regarding an exciting new concept – blogging awards. You can visit my page for the curtain raiser .we require participation & inputs from all spheres of the blog world. Your participation would help us in providing variety as well as quality to our blogging awards – THE BLOGERRATTI . please visit my page and lend in your valuable support . http://levelhead.rediffblogs.com/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 PM  

  • kodumai, singailla ippadina
    inga USa enna pannuvangalo

    By Blogger Ganesh, at 12:22 AM  

  • wow! feel real sorry for her. sometimes u're just glad u're not famous huh?!

    By Blogger Balaji, at 2:51 AM  

  • rediff, IMO, is a big blog by itself. interesting article too :)

    By Blogger saranyan r, at 3:10 AM  

  • Talking of blogrolls, I don't see my blog on yours??!!! I thought it was reciprocity but hey what do I know?

    By Blogger 30in2005, at 3:16 AM  

  • Sad to read about XIAXUE - Wonder how and why....I have a doubt she is suspecting a MAN..if you read the last few lines on a MAN's Body parts.!

    Scary though.!!

    I like my BLOGSPOT and I won't trade it for anything.!

    By Blogger Narayanan Venkitu, at 7:58 AM  

  • Even though she is so popular, she is still using Blogspot.
    your point being?

    Do read this: Feed the Feeds

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:48 AM  

  • scary! I feel sorry for her too!

    By Blogger GS, at 11:57 AM  

  • Was aware of this - pity and scary to think someone would go to such lengths. But it brewed from what I had told you about the conference.

    By Blogger Visithra, at 1:53 PM  

  • ...still using blogspot. hahaha.

    By Blogger patiala pataka, at 1:13 AM  

  • still using blogspot?
    Hmm.. when she is back up could you point us to her blog?

    I am happy if I get 50 hits a day! ABout half-of-which are mine I am sure

    By Blogger tris, at 2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home