.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sambhar Mafia - Cooked To Kill!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Shahrukh comes clean after the Lux bath

SRK dispels doubts about his sexuality in this interview with New Indian Express:

Shah Rukh is back to a whole lot of media attention about his Lux ad, a first for a male celebrity. Not true, SRK corrects, Before me Paul Newman has done the Lux ad. I wanted to get into the tub and not just stand outside watching a lady get in the tub or something. I guess that would’ve been a more predictable male perception of how the ad should’ve been done. But I wanted to do it the proper way. I don’t know why it should be such a big deal.

He pauses for just a few seconds and then says, actually all my favourite heroines I’ve worked with have done the ad. Lux has traditionally been considered a woman’s soap. But I can’t remember a time when it hasn’t been a part of Indian households, for the male or female. I grew up watching all those lovely ladies modelling for the soap. Now I’m part of it. Lux is now 75 years old or something, therefore the need to do something different with the product.

9 Comments:

  • damn! I really want to see this ad. but how? :(

    By Blogger Abi, at 10:19 AM  

  • Yup.. now that he's cleared all doubts about his sexuality, can we all start hitting on his gorgeous wife? ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 AM  

  • @J'adore,
    There might be some Indian ad related site which could have the TVC. Even I haven't seen it. Will pass u the link if I happen to find it.

    By Blogger Kaps, at 10:50 AM  

  • @Antrix,
    Way to go man. Best of luck with that. SRK would be roaming around with Preity in his Santro. You can target Gauri Khan.

    By Blogger Kaps, at 10:52 AM  

  • Kaps:
    Looks like you taking that "gossip" update thing real serious:-)

    @Antrix: Were there any "doubts" about him;-)

    @J'adore: Not sure, but you could see if it is avaiable here: http://www.magindia.com/

    By Blogger Minal, at 1:18 PM  

  • @Minal,
    Yup! It is a great reliever and I'll continue to post gossips.

    By Blogger Kaps, at 4:33 PM  

  • Wow. Lux-beautified Shahrukh really seems to have caused a flutter! I've just come back from a week-long absence to read at least 4 posts on this - am feeling deprived, I haven't seen the ad yet :) - I certainly will be glued to the TV all evening.

    By Blogger Anjali, at 9:17 PM  

  • Anjali,
    even i haven't seen the ad. hope to catch it soon.

    By Blogger Kaps, at 11:44 PM  

  • you can dload the ad thru www.indianmoviesclub.com !!

    By Blogger Ashwin, at 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home