.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sambhar Mafia - Cooked To Kill!

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Check Out Netvibes

After getting a few hits from Netvibes, I decided to check out this new(?) service. Netvibes is basically a web-based RSS feed aggregator, which provides a portal kind of interface. Although I haven’t used MyYahoo extensively, I have a feeling that Netvibes resembles MyYahoo in lot of ways. Unlike Bloglines and some other RSS feed aggregators, Netvibes doesn’t provide previews of the feeds. Hence, one might need to visit the blog / site to read the entire post. This might be a turn-off for heavy readers. Om Malik sums up some of the buzz around Netvibes.

Bloglines has introduced several enhancements in the last few months. I don’t think I’m going to move to any other aggregator right now.

5 Comments:

  • Looks like they are down for maintainance!

    "We are upgrading the server, please come back later"!

    Thats the message I get during a visit to their site today :)!

    - Dreamchaser

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 AM  

  • hi,
    i did leave a couple of comments on ur blog on metroblogging. u do have a great blog site. can i contribute to metroblogging? i also want to promote my blog as well. and i do love chennai. what better excuses are there? i dont think much of netvibes, btw. keep up the good work.

    By Blogger Nandhu, at 2:18 AM  

  • I use Netvibes...

    //Unlike Bloglines and some other RSS feed aggregators, Netvibes doesn’t provide previews of the feeds.//
    No..netvibes provides a wonderful preview of the the feeds...( but one blog at a time ) in a embedded window.

    By Blogger Krish, at 1:00 PM  

  • @Dreamchaser,
    Yeah it was down earlier...seems to be working fine now.

    @Phoenix,
    I have replied to your email.

    @Krish,
    How do I enable the preview....any pointers?

    By Blogger Kaps, at 2:42 PM  

  • The only caveat that I see in Bloglines is that there are no ways of reading/updating comments form the embedded preview. This is important for me since the comments are as important as the post itself.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home