.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sambhar Mafia - Cooked To Kill!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

An Evening with Na Muthukumar

I had the opportunity of attending a talk by Tamil film lyricist Na Muthukumar about 10 days ago. Laziness prevented me from writing about this event. Now that somebody has done a comprehensive coverage, I thought of going straight ahead and linking to it. Baalu Manimaran, the compere of the event gives a ball-by-ball account of the proceedings. My only grudge was that the organizers took up too much time and gave only 20 – 25 minutes for Muthukumar.

Na Muthukumar has been climbing the ranks quite steadily. He has had many hits including Manmadhan, Sandaikozhi, Ghajini, 7/G Rainbow Colony and Kadhal Kondaen. The Selvaraghavan – Yuvan Shankar Raja – Na Muthukumar combo has been churning out some good numbers recently. I hope their winning streak continues.

10 Comments:

  • Seems the younger breed of lyricists are getting more popular in Singapore day by day. I heard Pa.Vijay is also coming to Singapore soon, for 'Sigarangal 2006'. Are you planning to visit him??

    'Lioni' is also coming for that programme..

    By Blogger Ram C, at 11:28 AM  

  • Hmm... May be you can post your version of experience in a English version for your blog readers to know about it.

    - Dreamchaser

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:36 PM  

  • The lyrics of "Oru Naalil" from Pudhupettai is the one that comes up immediately in one's mind. terrific!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:15 PM  

  • And just now I trashed his lyrics for Sandakkozhi in my blog :-)

    By Blogger Chenthil, at 7:46 PM  

  • @Ram,
    I may not attend the Lioni programme

    @Dreamchaser,
    I wish I could write about it......but extremely hard pressed for time right now.

    @Zero,
    I also wanted to mentioned Pudhupettai....but they are some ghana and english songs there...hence removed it from the list

    @Chenthil,
    Alteast be happy that the lyrics are all in Tamizh and the don't get submerged inside the heavy music. lot of other songs are really worse in terms of lyrics (eg: Anniyan)

    By Blogger Kaps, at 10:56 AM  

  • kaps,
    Sure the lyrics of other songs were frivolous. But, "Oru Naalil" truly rocked me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM  

  • Hi,

    I was searching for Sigarangal in CD/DVD for sale, particularly Sigarangal 2001 in which Suhi Sivam participated, though not sure about availablity in this format. Any idea on this?

    ~Poorna

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:12 PM  

  • Yes I am also looking for Sigarangal CD (singapore event that hosts suki sivam, balakumaran etc.) Anyone have any idea where the CD/DVD be available???

    If so plz inform me to g.siva[at]india [dot]com

    Any help appreciated

    By Blogger Shiv, at 5:54 PM  

  • Heelo,

    I am Vasudevan,

    I seen Ur messaege while searching the speaches of Mr. Great Suki Sivam,

    U r searching for Sigarangal Live Program cd/dvd held in Sigapore,

    If u r staying in Chennai, Its availabel in GIRI Trading Agencies-Mylapore,


    If any comments
    mail me: vauragarams@gmail.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:09 PM  

  • Dear sir,
    i am looking for sigarangal 2000, cd is it possible to get, let me know by mail at nesancounsellor@gmail.com.

    By Blogger arputhanesan, at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home