.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sambhar Mafia - Cooked To Kill!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Just Like That

When I had to write about Sowmya, all I had before me was what she had written in her blog and her comments. Like most other bloggers, I have not met her before. After writing this post in DesiPundit, I came to know that I knew her in the real world as well.Sowmya aka Choms was my sister’s junior in BITS Pilani and have heard about her from my sister / sister’s friends. In addition to this, Sowmya’s younger sister happens to be my CA batchmate as well. I haven’t been in touch with Sowmya’s sis recently and hence didn’t know what was going on. All I knew was that she had lot of medical complications and was putting up a brave fight. When I chatted with my sis last night, she told me that Sowmya had passed away. After connecting the recent news in the Blogosphere and this piece of info from my sis, I concluded that we were referring to the same person. Some of my friends had met Sowmya at Harry’s wedding and they even told me that she was quite cheerful. Harry has mentioned that wrong treatment methodology used by the doctors could have led to Sowmya’s death. I hope he writes more about it so that something can be done to prevent such errors in the future.

4 Comments:

  • Kaps, I still get over her demise....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:29 PM  

  • I haven't interacted with her at all.. but it was shocking to hear abt her death as the blogosphere came together to condole her death. As you say, it would be better if her bro comes out with details for the benefit of others.

    By Blogger Indian Voter, at 12:01 AM  

  • When I saw an article about my namesake, I couldn't help reading...she must have been a lovely person, seeing that you have written about her.

    Hope you cherish the good times you had with her.

    By Blogger nourish-n-cherish, at 5:31 AM  

  • @Ravi,
    I hope you meant - "I still can't get over her demise"

    @Indian Voter,
    Let's hope her brother writes more about what really happened and how the doctors erred in the treatment.

    @Saumya,
    Actually, I have never met her in real life. All I know is thru my sis and Sowmya's sis.

    By Blogger Kaps, at 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home