.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sambhar Mafia - Cooked To Kill!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Against All Odds

One of the easiest ways to get noticed is to contest the elections against a well-known politician. The leading politicians always pick the safest seats to avoid any embarassing defeats and hence the people contesting against them should be commended for entering the battle inspite of knowing that they have very little chance of victory. DMK’s P Seeman is contesting against Jayalalitha in the Andipatti assembly constituency. Seeman is claiming that he has lot of local patronage. This statement of his is one of the funniest that I have read in recent times:

"I have about 25,000 relatives and friends in Andipatti who will vote for me. I will plead with my vast number of relatives to canvass for me," the 50-year old candidate told reporters Monday.

I wonder how many people would have attended Seeman’s family weddings / functions.

4 Comments:

  • Remember the pledge that we used to take at school -"All Indians are my brother and sisters"...I guess using that logic our man thinks that he has so many relatives.:)
    Good luck to him.

    By Blogger Indian Blogger, at 2:23 AM  

  • Kaps-

    All these politicians will stoop to any level during election campaign to get some votes, of course when JJ has been in Andipatti forever, this Seeman has no other go than to use all means to plead for votes.

    By Blogger mitr_bayarea, at 5:48 AM  

  • Recognising so many relatives (!!) at this crucial juncture must also be an election gimmick...

    I doubt whether he will get even that much vote to his account.

    By Blogger Ram C, at 5:12 PM  

  • I wonder what happened with the DICKs alliance with ADAMK. Has the plan been dropped as now Karuji is back to join with old camp and to be a PIA to Mr. Chandy again?!

    By Blogger Jo, at 1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home