.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sambhar Mafia - Cooked To Kill!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

SUN TV’s Dream Debut

The Sun TV stock got listed today. When the IPO came out, lot of people felt that the issue price of Rs. 875 was on the higher side. With this kind of observation, people would have thought that the stock would list at a moderate premium. No one would have expected the stock to close its first trading day at Rs. 1466, a cool 65% gain over the issue price. At current market prices, Kalanidhi Maran’s net worth from the listed entity is Rs. 9000 crores. (Kalanidhi Maran owns 90% of the company and the remaining 10% is publicly held). Do expect to see Kalanidhi Maran in the Indian Billionaires list next year.

6 Comments:

  • Woha.. SUN TV Rules the Entertainment Scenerio in Tamil Nadu .. Soon in billionire list.. wohaaaa!

    - Dreamchaser

    By Anonymous Dreamchaser, at 1:23 AM  

  • Oh man i did not have money to invest. i actually wanted to but can only say oh Man

    By Blogger Suguna Purushothaman, at 3:16 AM  

  • Just recently, Kalaignar (rather his wife) divested their 20% stake for a reported 10 crores. Either he is really stupid or thinks rest of us are.

    Cheers
    SLN

    By Blogger SLN, at 5:18 AM  

  • guess Sun TV and its people are like Midas.They ve the golden touch

    By Blogger Prasanna, at 12:08 PM  

  • If the Vaiko knows this news, he may used in its next campaign. :-))

    By Blogger மு.கார்த்திகேயன், at 2:47 PM  

  • @Dreamchaser,
    he is already in the billionaire list, the official list will be published by Forbes and other later on.

    @Suguna,
    you should have borrowed to invest in it.

    @SLN,
    MK's wife sold it for a higher amount. i don't think it was 10 crores.

    @Prasanna,
    this was out of Kalanidhi Maran's hardwork.

    @Karthikeyan,
    Vaiko wud definitely know about this.

    By Blogger Kaps, at 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home