.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sambhar Mafia - Cooked To Kill!

Monday, May 08, 2006

India’s Adsense King

Exchange4Media has a report on the Delhi Bloggers Meet, which happened over the weekend. The report also mentions Amit Agarwal, one of the very few professional bloggers in India. Amit seems to have found his pot of gold with Google Adsense and is also among the highest ranked Indian Bloggers on Technorati. Unlike India specific posts, tech-related posts enjoy a wider global audience and this could be one of the reasons for his high ranking on Technorati. Going by what is mentioned in the report, Amit's blog would be right at the top of the list of the most visited Indian blogs.

Amit Agarwal, a professional blogger from Agra, was the centre of attraction. Agarwal worked as a software engineer for six years before he left his job two years back to start full time blogging at http://labnol.blogspot.com. Now Agarwal claims his income runs into thousands of dollars per month without disclosing any particular figures.

“Almost 60 per cent of my visitors come from the US. I get some ads from US software companies, which are both click and impression based, but 90 per cent of my income comes from Google Adsense,” Agarwal told exchange4media, whose blog is ranked 400 on BlogPlus and 1000 at Technorati.

“I get 25,000 to 30,000 hits per day,” he informed. Agarwal is active at blogging communities and has been attending such bloggers’ forums in Chennai and Hyderabad too. “But I have not found another person who has left his job for blogging and making a good living out of it,” said a proud Agarwal.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Kaps,

    Good Post but Bird Choice! I have been to his blog so called "Digital Inspiration" many times around now, though the information provided there seems to be too good, almost 90% of his blogs are copied from other blogs, if you have some knowledge on search engines and how to find duplicated posts, you could very well find them.

    I found this when as I made a small researc on his website, I do agree, he does'nt make Copy-Past stuff, but still takes his blog contents from other sites and just chanes the way they are blogged.

    Do you call that a Professional ? A professional in Creative and Unique in his activites. You know what I mean.. so thats all it does to be a Professional.

    I am not a pro. to judge him, when me and around couple of SEO Professionals had a dicussion about his blog a couple of weeks back, they were the one's who back listed his stuffs.

    I am sorry, if I was too hard on you people, just shared my opinion.

    - Dreamchaser

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 PM  

  • Yes, I agree with dreamchaser, most of the posts are not orignal, just reworded versions of other blogs/news stories. Another kavya

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home