.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sambhar Mafia - Cooked To Kill!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

BehindWoods Gets Inspired

Anusha tipped me that an article in Behindwoods (a site which carries news and gossips about Kollywood) bears some resemblance to the Namitha article that I had written couple of days ago. The comparison is for you to see. I wouldn't claim that my article featured any stylish writing. Behindwoods has used the exact magazine covers that I had featured and also elaborated on some of the data points that I had given. A screenshot has been featured alongside in case they decide to take off their article. The following extract is what I consider as bearing resemblance to my earlier post:

Both the vernacular media as well as the English media is obsessed with this latest syndrome. She has become something like a permanent quotient or a constant who figures in the covers of the magazine or inside with some inconsequential news.

The entire media both the print and the visual should owe a thing or two to this voluptuous Gujarati beauty. Even the prestigious and the most popular newspaper ‘The Hindu’ also seems to be bitten by Namitha bug. In the past two months, there were articles in this daily about the weight loss programme of Namitha and its modalities.

Then, there was SS channel, which came out with ‘Anything for Namitha’ wherein many youth considered this to be of national importance and participated just to spend an evening with her.

11 Comments:

  • They should have credited you at bottom or somewhere around the article. So mean they show public it was as if their own creation.

    Way to BehindWoods!

    Cheers,
    Dreamchaser

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 AM  

  • Anything for Namitha :
    Behind woods lifts an article from Sambhar Mafia !

    By Blogger Adaengappa !!, at 8:26 AM  

  • Interesting to know. I happen to be a gujju and coming across a voluptous woman, leave alone a beauty is more an exception than the rule.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:47 AM  

  • I just came here from Behindwoods, since i wanted to addd a commnet to your previous post about the COPY of your blog which from a few days back
    Kaps - maybe this is the greatest tribute to you :-)

    By Blogger Surya, at 8:52 PM  

  • Here is the contact info of Behindwoods
    Website : www.behindwoods.com
    E -mail : behindw@behindwoods.com
    USA : 1-716-903-9603
    1-201-774-7947

    lets first try to get the identity of the author, eager to know that first.

    I plan to call and ask them :-)

    By Blogger Surya, at 8:56 PM  

  • This just shows how deep plagiarism is spreading in this Internet Age...

    I feel that BehindWoods must be let known that their columnist has done a wrong thing. I would even say that they should fire that writer and offer a position to our dear Kaps ... what ya say ???

    PS - I dont think Namitha is a Gujju, she is i suppose some Punjabi (kapoor or arora or something like that), she looks more like a Delhiite/Punju rather than a Gujju.

    By Blogger ramki830, at 10:27 PM  

  • well i know the owner of the behindwoods. he is manoj

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 AM  

  • Now you get to post Namitha pictures twice :) Heard, Namitha fans are singing your praise.

    SLN

    By Blogger SLN, at 3:54 AM  

  • Kaps and others,

    Looks like Namitha is a Malayalee! Check this out
    http://www.namitha.info/index.html

    By Blogger Ananya S P, at 9:42 AM  

  • @Dreamchaser,
    They have expanded on my article and they should have atleast acknowledged the fact that they took the idea / concept from my post.

    @Adaengappa,
    :))

    @Hiren,
    Are u feeling proud?

    @Surya,
    I dunno whether it is a tribute, just shows that they read my blog.
    I have sent a mail to them, let's wait for the response.

    @Ramki,
    I don't think I would want to contribute to Behindwoods. Some writer from Tamil gossip mags could be hired.

    @Anon,
    Are u going to reach out to Manoj?

    @SLN,
    I don't think anybody would object to Namitha's pictures being posted twice.

    @Anusha,
    I think Namitha is either a Gujju or a Punju. Let's leave the other angles out.

    By Blogger Kaps, at 11:38 AM  

  • See, the no. of comments you are getting for a post on Namitha.. u would n't have got this for any other Economy news.

    The same way the media is hungry for Namitha news. Since, your blog is under lens, they would have captured Namitha news immediately... :-) :-)

    By Blogger Ram C, at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home