.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sambhar Mafia - Cooked To Kill!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Indic Blogging gets a boost

A Bangalore based startup has come up with a software which uses the intuitive way for transliteration of content. Tachyon Technologies, the company behind this venture currently offers this software for Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Hindi users.

The latest from the Tachyon stable, released yesterday, is a transliteration-based Indian language software, Quill. While other transliteration software products are already available (such as Baraha), Quill is different because it allows an intuitive use of language since it is driven entirely by commonly accepted phonetic rules.

I was using the Unicode interface of JaffnaLibrary for creating Tamil content earlier. As per this, I would have to type vaNakkam to get the Tamil output as வணக்கம். However, if I use Tachyon's Quillpad, I just need to type vanakkam to get the desired output. Quillpad currently works with IE 6.0 browser only.

Let's hope that such tools lead to a spurt in the number of blogs in Indian languages.

3 Comments:

  • Oh no.. It works just right with Firefox!

    By Blogger anantha, at 9:42 PM  

  • I didn't know that I had a reader to my blog from here :) Would have said hi, during blogcamp :)

    - Vijay
    blog.leadstep.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:24 AM  

  • Now there will more viewers and comments on all subjects. I hope shortly it will come in all indian languages.

    By Blogger nataraj, at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home