.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sambhar Mafia - Cooked To Kill!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Onions, Garlic And Much More

Srividya Natarajan's No Onions Nor Garlic has been receiving rave reviews and I am desperate to get a copy of it. Looks like I need to wait a little while before I can lay my hands on it.

Just finished reading Meera Rao's Madras Mosaic, a book which has been lying in book shelf for a long while. The book is categorized under non-fiction as it is mostly based on real life experiences of the author. Although the book promised some humuor, it fell short in that department. Most of the stories were about usual stuff like filter kaapi, auto menace, career-minded single women, December kutcheris and the phenomenon of 40 something women becoming grandmas (Glorified Aayahs Association).

In contrast, Chennai Latte had much more to offer. Ranjitha Ashok's distinct brand of humour and Biswajit Balasubramanian's impressive cartoons blended well to create a truly Madras brew.

1 Comments:

  • No onions Nor Garlic? I don't know about the "rave reviews" but i hated it. A waste of my money.

    By Blogger Prasanth, at 3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home